Friday, March 2, 2012

A new day, a new scent

Hello folks, In the past few days, I have been busy, busy, busy. Aside from working non stop on the old lap top to create and edit various social media accounts, I have been busy working away at some new concoctions. I had to wait patiently to begin some new creations as I had had my eye on some delectable essential oils for some time, and was eager to grab 'em, but had to wait until I had accrued enough cash to do so. Don't get confused - essential oils can be cheap - I don't want it to sound like I've been saving my pennies for weeks to buy a can of coke. Some essential oils can be cheap(ish) like the fairly basic, common ones like orange and lime. But some can be very costly, namely Frankincense essential oil. I mean, come on, if that was one of the gifts Jesus got, we know it's gonna be pricey. And it was, but well worth it. So far, it is one of my favourite ess. oils. It has the most incredible aroma. On the label, it likens the scent to 'balsamic vinegar', which I think is a somewhat unfair comparison to such a beautiful, unusual smell.
I would liken it instead to musky ochres, resins, old woods that have been sitting somewhere deep and dark for centuries and have a thousand stories imbued in their rings. Sounds a bit....dramatic, but it's true! It's a really special scent that I can't wait to keep mixing with other oils to create even more incredible and unique perfumes and balms. So far, my cheap little pal, old sweet orange ess. oil has proven to be worth the $4 I spent on him (cheap, cheerful, reliable) and goes really well with the $30.00 (BLIMEY!) Frankincense. So, I have so far created a beeeeeeautiful new perfume which I am currently wearing called, 'UMBER SILK', and I love it.
Still going with the Frankincense theme, I've also concocted a stunning lip balm that smells so sweet and comforting, it's been hard to put it down. Here's the latest snaps of the new guys...
And here's the beautiful new lip butters, 'SORRENTO'.....
Mmmm...
Lou x

No comments:

Post a Comment